can be configured in ASPIRE from the following area: Administration → Accounts Receivable → Cash Management → Lockbox File Format
- Validation Ids
- Customer Number – account ID for the account making payment
- Contract Number – Contract ID for the contract being paid; Customer will be inferred from the primary customer on that contract
- Invoice Number – Invoice Number for the invoice being paid; Customer will be inferred from the primary customer on that contract
- Validation Types
- Required – value must be provided and must match an ASPIRE value
- Optional – value need not be provided, but will be validated as above if provided
- Ignore – value need not be provided and will be ignored if it is
If more than one of the Validation Ids is provided in the file and more than one of those provided Validate Ids is configured as Required or Optional, the Validation Ids will also be validated against each other.
For example, assume both Customer Number and Contract Number are provided in the file, and that the Customer Number is configured as Optional, and Contract Number is configured as Required.
When the provided Customer Number is not the identifier of the primary customer on the provided Contract Number, the record will fail with a validation exception indicating conflicting information on the record.
If however, under the same circumstances, one of the Ids is configured as "Ignore", the record would import as expected barring any other exceptions.
As a general rule, if a given Validation Id type is going to be included in the file (always or sometimes), only set the Validation Type value to Required or Optional if you are confident of the accuracy of the Id both as an Id recognized by ASPIRE and as an Id that correlates to the other Ids in the record.